Corn fields are growing & The Lock at Burrits Rapids


I'm enjoying the delicious local corn, so is my Marinoni.
All photos: Cycling Art






Back on the roads this early morning with a change in direction, this time going west into Burrits Rapids. The small village straddles the Rideau Canal. The bridge uses a unique lock that raises and lowers boats between stretches of water of different levels. As I approached the bridge, a guy brought the barrier down and rotated a wheel that raised/lower the lock for a boat. All manual service and it took around 8 minutes, fun to watch...








Unfortunately, no close-up photos because I was so far placed and after the bridge was accessible I was rushed over in front of cars. A bit of early morning traffic pressure to get over the canal and into picturesque Burrits Rapids...
















The photos may look as if the Ottawa Valley roads are devoid of people. Partly yes and no. Today is Sunday a long weekend and quiet except as I was riding along, minding my business, a female roadie passed me and politely said hello. I had a fun Sunday ride...



This morning's ride fueled by chocolate cookies.




Comments