I am closer now





Dan Martin is ready to challenge for podium with his attack on the Froome group gaining 14 seconds from sixth overall to fifth at 1m 12s.


"I very rarely make a plan, it is just about opportunities. Yates attacked on the climb after Froome rejoined the group... he kind of stalled and I was a bit afraid... there were many teammates left... an Agr2r rider and Landa. I knew it was downhill to the finish. I thought if I got a gap it would be difficult to get back so I took the opportunity. I will just keep concentrated and focused. Hopefully it is not me who has a bad day. I have been nipping away at time and taking advantage of the situations. I think it works in my favor that there are so many guys close on GC. They look at each other and I am a little further back. They are not as wary of me, but I am closer now."
- Dan Martin












Baulke Mollema was the successful lone ranger today.


















Comments