Friday File: The race that made me happiest

Stylish Cunego,
2004 Giro
photo: Yuzuru Sunada






Damiano Cunego (The Piccolo Prince) plans to retire after the 2018 Giro d'ltalia, or at least he hopes to, as his Nippo-Fantini team must first obtain a wildcard invitation. He won the 2004 Giro when he was 22 and now at 36 want to go out with a bang Giro style.


"The Giro d'ltalia is the race that made me known and the race that made me happiest. I want to participate in it next year, finish it, and then say enough with racing. With the passing of time, I note that cycling is being raced at an ever higher level, and I don't feel as competitive anymore. In short, the moment to stop is coming, and I'd like to do it at the Giro, where, in a certain sense, everything started."
- Damiano Cunego








Buckle in: 2017 Koppenbergcross Men's Elite Race...











Winter is just around the corner (here in Ontario) and I've officially (sad to say) on my Elite turbo trainer. So, it's apropos to show GCN's Elite Factor Tour...











And, just one more...





Comments