I broke the magic 55km




It's Friday... Chapeau to these two riders!

On Tuesday, twenty-seven year old, Victor Campenaerts broke the hour-record covering 55.089km just over 16 seconds per lap after completing 221 laps on the 250-meter track in Aquascalientes, Mexico. 


"I broke the magic 55km. I was optimistic in the first 30 minutes, but it was important then to set a slower pace. I slowed down a little bit, but I think in every part of the race I was still faster than Wiggins."
- Victor Campenaerts















Last year's extraordinary feat.



Micheal Woods (20th) in last year's Amstel Gold.


The Cobbles are gone and the Ardennes Week starts Sunday with Amstel Gold in the Netherlands. Wednesday is Flèche Wallonne and next Sunday Liege-Bastogne-Liege.

The 54th edition has 35 hills total distance: 267.5km. No Cauberg finish only the climbs of the Geulhemmerberg and Bemelerberg in the final lap.

Michael Woods and Guillaume Boivin are the Canadians listed to start. 

Start list here


Will four-time winner, Philippe Gilbert tie...

Five time winner: Amstel Gold Jan Raas?







Comments