Anything at this point is gravy



"Finally, I've got a Grand tour stage victory! It's a great continuation of my best season so far. I am happy that after a disappointing Tour de France I've managed to get my form back here at the Vuelta. It was our plan to go in a breakaway together with Luis Leon. Actually, I tried also yesterday, but it did not work out. Now, everything was perfect. In the morning we were talking about two options for this stage-to try to go in a break for the stage, but if it wouldn't work our, to stay in front and to help Miguel Angel on the final climb."

"I have a great feeling right now with this success, which confirms I am on the right way for the Worlds and the final part of the season. We still have the most important goal here-to help Miguel Angel Lopez to reach the podium and I am ready to help him with all my forces."
- Jakob Fuglsang.




"Today was a really hard stage with a lot of people trying to get time on the general classification. I want to get into the top 10. It won't be easy. The riders here are very strong."
-Sergio Higuita. Grand Tour debut and hoping to crack the top 10. 12th on GC




James Piccoli is ready for the GP Cycliste races in Quebec and Montreal...

Montrealer, James Piccoli at the 2019 Tour of Utah. Stage win and second overall.

“That’s the beauty of having a season like I have. Anything at this point is gravy and that’s often the best mindset to get a good result. I am here this year for results and not experience. I can compete against the best in the world and the best in the world are in my backyard, they came to me.”

Comments