I managed to close the door on him well

20 minutes to go

"This is one reason why I love the classics so much. Twenty minutes before the riders pass, the public faces the rain and the cold on the edge of the road with the fear of losing their place."
- Blaise Chauviere. Assistant Sportif Team Total Direct Energie



Wout Van Aert.



Jasper Stuyven and Yves Lampaert on the Wall (Muur) of Geraadsbergen.



“Steven told me, ‘It’s your day, you’re the fastest,’ and Yves was also telling me, “you’re the fastest,’ but I didn’t want to get overconfident. I was not 100 percent sure I would beat Yves in the sprint, but I managed it well. 

“When we started the sprint, Yves was on the left of my wheel, so I went a little more to the left and held my position, and I managed to close the door on him well.”

“It’s really nice to have a victory in the pocket already as this makes me even more relaxed.”
- Jasper Stuyven









Comments