I thought I could win




"Today the team did a really amazing job. We were focused from kilometer zero. Everybody did what they were supposed to do and we raced as a team.

I tried to play my card in the final and tried to anticipate the moves and attack. It was really special for me because I was in front of my fans and racing in my region so I had a lot of people supporting me.

In the end I got dropped by climbers on a climb so I have no regrets and I did my best. In the end, this fourth-place finish is great to restart the race season with."

- Alberto Bettiol. 4th place.





"This race was just crazy from the get-go. The fight for position, the crashes, the dust, the visibility, all of it. I had a flat tire at one point and ended up in the cars and couldn't see anything. So for me, just getting over, getting through that and finishing was a big accomplishment considering I broke my femur five months ago. 

I think this will probably be the scariest race all season for me and to get through it with no problems and to feel confident in my bike handling skills gives me confidence for the races to come."

Mike Woods. 36th place. 




"For a moment, with about fifteen kilometres left, I thought I could win. But then Van Vleuten reduced my advantage a lot in a short time. When she caught me, I tried to recover and finish well, maybe be able to attack her, but she was simply too strong."
- Mavi Garcia. 36 year old. 5th season as a pro rider. 2nd place. 












Comments