Peter the Great returns

 



Despite 461 days and many second places, since his last win (stage 5 of the 2019 Tour de France) - Peter the Great made his comeback. His comeback was the perfect tonic to Monday's rest day of a large number of Covid-19 positives. He has now joined the elusive club of riders to have stage wins in all three Grand Tours - the 100th rider to do so.

"I'm very happy, finally - I've been trying since when we started the season again with Strade Bianche, San Remo, the Tour de France. I was a lot of time on the podium or top five but my last victory was last year in the Tour de France, already a long time ago.

For sure I did not have the plan to go solo. When I already accepted second, third, fourth place, and I let it go and I don't try anymore - and now the victory comes, I'm very happy for that. Finally I won in my style, I do the race, do some show, take the victory it's something special."

- Peter Sagan














Comments