he showed composure


Nacer Bouhanni attacks in the final kilometre with only Laporte on his wheel.

"It's just happiness! 2020 has not been an easy year. All winter I was very motivated, I didn't have any problems and I knew I was in good shape. I knew I was in good shape. I knew that to perform, I had to be well placed at the top of the bump. I expected someone to attack and I would have to manage my effort and get under the pedal. I did it and I'm also happy to have grabbed a few bonus seconds for the overall standings."

-Christophe Laporte. Stage 1 winner, 2019 overall winner.

"Despite a very good field, he showed composure, placed well, and managed to finish very strong. Christophe thus demonstrates his physical form and all his talent. It's a race he knows well and he already had to fight to keep the leader's jersey here."

-Jean-Luc Jonrond. DS Cofidis.

Stage 1 results 





Look back: Bernard Hinault, 1981


Comments