I was in the perfect position

 

Matteo Jorgensen crashed heavily in the dash for the line on stage 2 but escaped without injury,
 blaming the incident on a roadside spectator.
via Cor Vos


"It wasn't a tough stage on paper, but it was nervous and the rain made everything difficult. I honestly couldn't imagine at the start of the ride that I would be so competitive in a final like this. I never even dared to think that I would be so close to victory. My feeling, however, kept getting better. Let's see what the final circuit looks like and then let's try something.

Bauke Mollema helped me greatly in the last two kilometers and kept me out of the crash with Alaphilippe. I was in the perfect position, but the last straight line was too flat. In the final sprint it was then difficult for me to beat Ballerini."

-Giulio Ciccone


"Sucks to miss out on a real chance at my first pro win like that. Let's all refocus on the real safety problems in our sport UCI Barriers, road furniture; NOT RIDER POSITION."

-Matteo Jorgensen


Stage 2 results









Comments