All or nothing & Volta a Catalunya

 

via juan_to_follow



"I just knew I had to try, all or nothing. I prefer to do this than gamble for the sprint and finish in 5th or 10th place, so I prefer to go all-in. Most of the time it's nothing; sometimes it's all, and today it was all. It's incredible. I don't realize (what I've done) yet. I am just incredibly happy. 

In the last kilometer, I saw Soren was coming so I tried to recover a little bit before the chicane. That gave me 300 meters to recover a little bit and that was necessary. I was hoping he would pull through, and he did. And then I started the sprint. I had nothing left in the legs, but it was enough."
-Jasper Stuyen


"It was bittersweet. On the one hand, I'm happy because I'm feeling better and my form is gradually improving, although there is still work to be done to reach a top-level. On the other hand, I'm a bit angry because it was another Milano-Sanremo where I missed the chance to get a victory. I gave my best in the sprint and finished fourth."
-Peter Sagan


"That confirmed that I could potentially win the race one day. Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed this time."
-Caleb Ewan


"I did my best today, attacked on the Poggio, but it didn't work out. I'm not disappointed, because I did everything possible. I'm happy with my Italian campaign, which included this great stage victory over Tirreno-Adriatico, and I'm now focusing on the Belgian classics."
-Julian Alaphilippe


Add a solo dash and presto! Solid gold for the Belgian chocolatier.
via Dario Belingheri




via Mathilde Lazou

"Due to positioning errors due to a lack of experience, I could not influence the race nor help Team Cofidis as I would have liked. Disappointed and frustrated but happy to have been able to discover this historic race."
-Guillaume Martin







Tomorrow's Israel Start-up Nation lineup...



"A stage win is my big goal. We're going to have to treat this race as more of an opportunist race and take some aggressive actions throughout... I really enjoy this race and I feel like it's such a good way to get good preparation for the Ardennes."
-Michael Woods

Comments