It's all going well

 

Holding firm


"It was a very intense day. I messed up my placing on the last steep kick and had to go into the red a little bit too early but generally, I'm happy where my form is right now. I came in to take aim at the GC and so far it's all going well. I've come in for the overall and we could be on track."
-Brandon McNulty. 


Red is good


"In the final, Simon (Geschke) was still there to support me. After that, there was not much to deal with a Primoz Roglic, once again Imperial. But I do not forget that I am still in recovery phase. A month ago, if I had been told that I could play for a podium on the first bump finish in Paris-Nice, I wouldn't necessarily have believed it. That leaves good prospects for this weekend and for Anthony Perez who endorsed the polka dot jersey."
-Guillaume Martin. 3rd place

"During the briefing, the sporting directors told me that I was free to go on the breakaway. It is never easy to achieve this and I have had success following Julien Bernard. We had a good group, we hit it off. From the start I wanted to score points because I didn't think the breakaway would have gone that far. This jersey, it's symbolic, it's not like at the Tour de France. I know I still have work to do to get back to the top level but I'm on the right track! With Guillaume (Martin), we will do everything to continue on this good dynamic."
-Anthony Perez.








Fast and furious in Lido di Camaiore


"The team did a fine job as they kept me in a really good position in the long and wide final straight, always a tricky thing to do. It was a really fast run-in to the finish."
-Caleb Ewan

"It was an objective to try to take some bonus seconds but winning the sprint against such fast guys was not what I expected. Maybe there is a chance of doing well in the GC but it's still a long week. It's early to speak about that."
-Wout Van Aert





Comments