The victory is finally here!

 


It's been 554 days since the last victory in the 2019 Tour of Slovakia and a huge relief for Elia Viviani.

"The victory is finally here! The team did a very good job to take me perfectly to the sprint. Emmanuel (Morin) and Saba (Sabatini) were very involved at the end. And I'm happy that I did a good sprint afterwards. Now I hope to keep this confidence for the next races and continue with the same motivation. I thank the whole team.

We will continue like this, I am confident. If the problem was, until then, not to have broken the ice yet, it is done and we must now continue in the same direction. The goal is not to wait months to win again."

-Elia Viviani


Cholet-Pays de la Loire results







"A victory over a beautiful Flemish Classic like today was very high on my wish list. I have won some great races before. It makes sense that winning in Flanders is important for me."
-Wout van Aert

"After a race like this it's not always the fastest who prevails but the guys with the best legs, and today also the guy with the best position. Wout got the best position. I was on his wheel but over-geared and Colbrelli snatched in between. It was a remix of the cards. At that moment it was over."
-Matteo Trentin









"In the descent of Montjuic, Mohoric always took some advantage, but he kept letting me come back. I knew that I had to leave him behind on the climb because on the descent, he would be the better rider and I would have to settle for second place. Luckily I was able to open up a nice ap and ride solo to victory."
-Thomas De Gendt





Comments