The podium was the goal

 



"Even if I did not have the same legs as in A Travers la Flandre (Dwars door Vlaanderen) on Wednesday, I managed to be at the front in the end. With my experience in this race, I succeeded in getting onto the podium. I know that at a classic like the Ronde Van Vlaanderen after 254 kilometers of racing, I still have resources at the end. 

The podium was the goal for the day, so I have no regrets today. I am happy to take my first podium at AG2R Citroen Team, which has invested a lot in the Flanders classics. The whole team worked well this winter, we are happy to race together, and we work well together."

-Greg Van Avermaet. 3rd place


105th Ronde van Vlaanderen ME results

105th Ronde van Vlaanderen WE results


An Elegant day







Who will wear the coveted Txapela?

The 61st edition of the Itzulia Basque Country begins today. Last year it was canceled due to the pandemic and the last winner was Ion Izagirre in 2019. This year will have the first Roglic vs Pogacar duel after the 2020 Tour de France. Adam Yates is also here and looks hot after victory at Volta a Catalunya. Can he beat the Slovenian superstars? The Basque Country is hilly and ideal preparation for the upcoming Ardennes Classics later this month for the puncheurs.


60th Itzulia Basque Country start list





Comments