I was having goosebumps, it was crazy, mental!

With this win, will leadership be in the cards for David Gaudu at the Tour de France?


"Roglic told me he didn't care about the stage. I knew that if I took him to the finish in the last climb, he would let me take the victory. But I needed to get rid of Carthy first. I attacked, and when I saw he was dropped, I gave it my all. My director was yelling on the radio, the fans were also shouting on the side of the road. My legs didn't even hurt anymore... I was having goosebumps, it was crazy, mental!

I'm very happy to have won here. This is my first real victory on the pedals. The day was very, very hard, without doubt, the hardest of the week. It was the queen stage, I was very motivated to do great things. 

Thanks to the team, I was able to save energy for the rest of the week.

The Tour of the Basque Country is really the optimal preparation race for these events (the Ardennes Classics). Now, I just need to stay focus. I hope I will be there in great shape."

-David Gaudu wins stage 6, his sixth career victory, the third on Spanish soil.


Stage 6 final results





 


More love for Roubaix...


Roger Rosiers



Eddy Boss in 2019



Gilbert and Sagan


Storming Hell, 1985


Comments