Moving up a gear

 


Chris Froome warns he is ready to move up a gear after a slow start at his new Israel Start-Up Nation team in the Tour of the Alps starting tomorrow. He finished 47th in his first race , the UAE Tour, in February and 81st at the Tour of Catalonia last month. 

"Even though it was a difficult week for me personally, I feel my form has grown, which gives me confidence looking forward. From a team point of view, it was great to see everyone rowing in the same direction. Even though we are a newly-formed group, we are rapidly developing a sense of belonging."

I will be joined by Dan Martin, who is aiming for the Giro d'ltalia, and a very competitive team. The stages are short and intense as usual, but the fourth one seems the decisive one to me."

-Chris Froome

"The stages at the Tour of the Alps are often short, mountainous, and explosive, challenging routes that perfectly fit my strengths. Doing well at the Tour of the Alps is a good omen for the Giro."

-Thibault Pinot

"The fourth stage is the queen, but watch out for the second, because you must be ready. The form is good after the training camp in Tenerife and the TotA represents a good test for the Giro. Not having Bernal at the race, it doesn't change so much for me, but it obviously takes some pressure off the team."

-Pavel Sivakov, reigning champion

45th Tour of the Alps start list


A huge win for Jose Manuel Diaz and Delko.










Amstel Gold Race results








Comments