Solering to victory

Elated...
 

The courageous Marc Soler won the treacherous third stage also donning the yellow jersey on the eve of the queen stage. 


"I am very happy for this victory. I want to remember, first of all, who was the doctor of our team, Jess Hoyos. I dedicate this victory to him; unfortunately we have lost him in a very short time and it is a great shame for everyone.

The yellow jersey is something that is always exciting, and now we will fight to maintain it until the end. Ineos is very strong, but we will certainly fight; we have a great team and we will try. Many times people doubt, but we always go step by step and things are coming out."
- Marc Soler

...in yellow with a nice chunk of cheese.


Stage 3 results





Treacherous corner; Stefan Kung miraculously survives,
goes back on his bike with no injuries.



Mike Woods: In position for tomorrow's queen stage


"It was a really hectic final with lots of rain and because of the wet roads, the descents became very tricky and positioning was essential. Fortunately, I had the guys with me and they put me in a great position heading into the penultimate climb. From there, I was able to hold my position and wait for the final climb.

I really wanted to attack but the climb wasn't super challenging and I wasn't able to get the separation that I wanted. Ultimately, it led to Soler taking the win. It was tough watching him go away, because I knew that, when he went, it was the right move, but I didn't want to be the guy who was always chasing. Now it all comes down to tomorrow and the day after."
-Mike Woods moves up to 16th overall


Stage 4: Queen stage with a beast of finish.



Comments