Charge to the line

 

Gorilla checking in


Two years is a long time without a victory. Andre Greipel has struggled for results dealing with illness and contract changes, his last win was in January 2019. No more, this season the Gorilla has looked good taking a few top 10s in early-stage races and podium in the Tour of Turkey. Today, he won the sprint in the Trofel Alcudua-Port d'Alcuedia stage race, part of the Challenge Mallorca series. 

It's good to see him returning back to form.

Trofeo Alcudia-Port d'Alcudia results 







Swift finish


It took a photo finish to decide the winner between the first three. Connor Swift is the first Briton to win Tro-Bro Leon!







Best Breton rider: Oliver Le Gac, 4th place gets the piglet





Tro-Bro Leon results 





"I got a bit swamped coming into the bottom of the dirt climb but at the end, I actually managed to get into a half-decent position. There were a lot of guys coming back from the breakaway who were blocking the road, which caused me to go off the gas two or three times in the last kilometer, which wasn't exactly ideal. This was another day where you could lose the race and I'm just happy to continue where we are. I'm looking forward to getting into the real mountains!"

-Dan Martin

"I've already cried twice. I cannot believe what just happened, I just won my first stage in a grand tour."

-Egan Bernal


Stage 9 results 



Comments