It was all magic


The Maglia Azzurra taking the stage


"It's wonderful to live moments like this. Here, I'm very relaxed and happy. I'm super happy. It's a classification I've dreamed about since I was a child."

-Geoffrey Bouchard becomes the first Frenchman, since Laurent Fignon (1984), to win the Maglia Azzurra Classification.


Lofty heights, 2nd on GC


"This morning, when I opened my eyes, I said, 'Did it really happen? Then on the news, I saw a clip of me winning, and I said, 'Did I really win it like that? It was all magic.

I kept my focus for today and I finished it out. I took no risks. I just pushed it in the straights, but I didn't want to take any chances on the corners. There was no point in taking risks. It all went according to the plan. 

I don't know we'll see in the future. It's true that I'm 33 years old now, but this Giro has given me a bit more confidence in what I'm doing and in what I can do in the future. It's a boost. These were three incredible weeks. It's an indescribable emotion. And it was unthinkable before the Giro."
-Damiano Caruso


"I'm happy with this Giro for how Damiano has raced it. He gave me a lot as a rider and we're like brothers. He's a symbol of the Sicily that gets things done, that doesn't give up."
-Vincenzo Nibali. 18th overall






"Yes, finally, this is my second Grand Tour. I think in this moment I look calm but inside I am exploding with happiness. I've already won the Tour and now the Giro.

It is my first Giro, and it was very special, the way we rode, the way I returned to being a player after nearly two years without good form in a Grand Tour. So, I think it's special."
-Egan Bernal





"It was my first time in the podium in the front of the Duomo. I'm very happy to finish my 2nd Giro. I took this Maglia Ciclamino, it's amazing for me. It was missing in my collection."
-Peter Sagan




"When I see the puncture, I think, 'Ah, today unlucky, I lose the race.' I changed the bike really well, really fast, like a Formula One race, and then when I crossed the line I think, 'OK, now will win Cavagna,' because he's a really good rider.

In the end when I see his crash, I think, 'OK, we have played with the same cards, I puncture and he's crashed, 'and the result I think is the same without my puncture and without his crash.
-Filippo Ganna






Look back: Tommy Prim. Stage 21 ITT. Winner; 1 stage and Young Rider Classification

Comments