Dark skies

 

Dark skies overhead in the land of Obelix




"Caleb Ewan was conscious after his fall, he was on the ground supported by the medical team when I arrived. It is part of the risks of the sprint, these are the first sprints of the Tour de France and we saw that all the big teams were placed at the front. The team did everything to place it in the final, but at 150m it was over. This is the worst-case scenario that could happen to us, with an abandonment."
-John Lelangue. DS Lotto Soudal

"We were expecting a nervous and tense stage but this one became absolutely hectic after the intermediate sprint. I was feeling well, the guys, and especially Niels, did a fantastic job in keeping me safe and positioning me for the sprint. I was in a very good place in the final stretch to the finish line, ready to contest the stage, but, unfortunately, I crashed with Caleb Ewan. I managed to get up, ride my bike and cross the finish line but, of course, it wasn't the way I wanted. I hope all riders involved in the day's crashes are OK."
-Peter Sagan





"I'm happy to gain the polka dot jersey back. It was my third stage out of three in the breakaway and I could say it was by far the easiest. It's incredible to be wearing such a jersey in my first Tour de France. It was a dream that came true on the first stage, unexpected, and it's still difficult to realize it's happening."
-Ide Schelling















Comments