When you think you've got it

The Colbrelli express
 

Before the mountain stages, Geraint Thomas surprised everyone with a kilometre-to-go attack to squeeze out a victory on stage 5. With meters to go, stage favourite Sonny Colbrelli surged out of the pack and looked to be gaining on Thomas, and threw his bike at the line.


"When you think you've got it... Then Sonny Colbrelli comes past 10kph quicker and you think 'o s***' Luckily I did though."

-Geraint Thomas

"I was so close to the chance for another win. Thanks to my team, who put in super work today and also in the final. But, last 800 meters Thomas attacked, and Jack was pulling and I followed, but it's normal to be on the limit after the hard work. I started the sprint with 300 meters left, but I just finished second."

-Sonny Colbrelli


Surprising the sprinters


Stage 5 Critérium du Dauphiné Saint-Chamond - Saint-Vallier results





Comments