A lottery win in the Pyrenees



Patrick Konrad wins his first Tour stage win, becoming the third Austrian to ever win a Tour stage (after Max Bulla and Georg Totschnig).
 

"This win happened at the right moment, to win a stage here wearing the Austrian champion jersey makes me really proud. We saw that when Mohoric won a stage he went really early, when Mollema won he also went really early. So, I told myself that if I found myself once again in that situation, I would be that rider. I gave it a try and I'm really happy it worked out and I had the legs to take it to the finish. When I crossed the last kilometre mark, I thought it was going to be painful again but, in the end, I had the time to celebrate. I really believed in it only in the last 500 metres when the sports directors passed me. I'm extremely happy and I think I can enjoy this moment."

-Patrick Konrad







Comments