Panache on Bastille Day

 



Anthony Perez had an inspirational ride up the steep slopes of the Col du Portet...





"I was keen to integrate the breakaway and I had the flair to do it. It was a pleasure to be in front and obviously, I thought of fighting for the stage victory. I did everything 100% and was picked up not far from the finish. It's part of the bike and I had a blast today. July 14, in front of my family, was really a great moment. And then it was my first podium on the Tour de France and it's just magic!"
-Anthony Perez, Cofidis Solutions Credits. Winner Combativity Award



"Like my Tour this year, I am consistent without being exceptional. I held on as best I could to limit the gaps. I did most of the last climb on my own, trying to manage my effort as much as possible. I will give everything tomorrow to try to hold on to this top 10. On a finish like this, Tadej Pogacar is untouchable so it would be illusory to aim for a stage victory. For me, the priority is simple: it is to stay well placed in the general classification!"
-Guillaume Martin, 9th on GC


The punishing finish on the Col du Portet for Dorian Godon













Comments