Ready for the double ascent of Ventoux

 

Good teamwork from Magnus Cort and the entire squad
who kept leader Rigoberto Uran (3rd overall) protected all day.





 "The bunch was nervous again today in a windy stage but I took it safe thanks to my teammates."
-Guillaume Martin. Cofidis 9th overall


"I came here to win stages. If I win the green jersey as a consequence, fine, but it is not my priority."
-Mark Cavendish. Stage 10 winner, 33 Tour stage wins down, one to go to equal Merckx's record.

"To be honest, I no longer believed in his comeback. Miracles can sometimes happen in cycling. I think that's such a miracle. If he comes closer, then he has earned it."
-Eddy Merckx


"The two days circled in this week are the Ventoux and the Andorra stages, for breakaways and potentially try to take the climber's jersey. It's just my luck that I picked this year to go for the mountains jersey. It's a very prestigious jersey but now I'm going for it in the same year that Quintana is too.

"The best climbs for me normally are the short, hard ones. But since last year, I'm going much better than I have ever been on the long climbs. I don't think the Ventoux stage is tailor-made for me but I can say. I'm the last guy to win the Tour on Ventoux on Zwift."
-Michael Woods. 2nd in the mountains competition with 42 points. 


Quebecois Hugo Houle wins today's combativity prize for his heroics in the breakaway






Stage 11: Mont Ventoux X2



Comments