Paris & fine young Cannibals

Paris!


"At any age, finishing the Tour de France represents a lot. I don't see myself going back to this race as a rider so I will be on the bike for the last time in Paris.

In my previous four Tours, I had to give up every time. Either I was sick or I fell. This time I really wanted to finish. I suffered a lot, and I rode an anonymous race. But at any age, finishing a Tour de France is something."
-Philippe Gilbert


"I'm happy. It's satisfaction. The initial goal was a stage win but we can be very happy with a top 10"
-Guillaume Martin


"I heard that one coming. I guess it's the same comparison that journalists made to Cavendish when he won number 34. It's impossible: Eddy Merckx won the GC of the Tour five times and won basically every race in the world of cycling. I'm just a little cyclist compared with Eddy. I'm just proud of my own performances."
-Wout Van Aert wins the iconic Champs-Élysées stage 21 and his 3rd stage. This was his answer after he was asked if he is the second coming of the Cannibal.


"I felt really good this year, I thought I would be on the podium because I felt good every day and the team is a phenomenal team. In the end, I don't know what happened, my body didn't respond as I had hoped. I had a really bad day. So many things had already happened and the team had done the work, so it's difficult. The Tour de France is really complicated. In the end, we're human and that's not an answer as to what happened but the only thing you can do is to try to finish well, to honor your teammates, and to prepare yourself for the next race.
-Rigoberto Uran


Completing the hat-trick: winning a bunch sprint, mountain stage and time trial. Now to Tokyo.


One last time








 





Stage 21 Final Results




Comments