The important thing is to have good legs & Socrates a Velo

 



Rafal Majka rode away from Fabio Aru at 87km to go and soled to win stage 15. The victory was Majka's first in four years, his last coming in the 2017 Vuelta.

"It wasn't expected, because in the last few days I have been empty, with no power in the legs. Yes, I had the legs to be in the bunch and finish the race, but that was it. Today, on the first climb, I felt better, so I just tried. But, after 2.5 hours I was empty again. It was a good sign for the upcoming week. My body needs a few more days to be 100%... But from Wednesday to Saturday there are some really hard stages, so I will hope to just get better and better..."
-Fabio Aru

"To go in the break, the important thing is to have good legs but, sometimes, these are not always enough to stay away. Today I tried from the start to attack, with the fixed idea of winning the stage in mind, in order to dedicate the success to my father, my two children and UAE Team Emirates, a really great team

I am very happy, it is nice to be able to celebrate after a bad start to the season, and to be able to dedicate it to my dad who passed away just 3 months ago."
-Rafal Majka


Socrates a Velo is looking ahead to the final week


"I hope to have a very good overall final classification. It's unexpected compared to what happened the first week and where I was on the first day of rest. I miss a place to go for a nice jersey, but I'm still in good shape, position to tackle the last week and I hope to make a very good final general classification. When you have something to play and to defend, it unites a collective. Everyone is really involved in the defense of this second place, even if we do not forget to think about the stage victories."
-Guillaume Martin. Second overall 





Comments