Everyone was on their toes

The Mads rush
 

"It had been a long time since I had won in the WorldTour."

-Mads Pedersen. The Dane's last WT win was 2020 Ghent-Wevelgem.


"It is clear that this is a big handicap for us. It is more difficult to help each other to achieve our team goals. It went well, I did a good job and the form is good. I managed to avoid the pitfalls, I especially wanted to stay safe in the peloton and I come in front with Tom Van Asbroeck. It was very nervous after 100 kilometres, there were a lot of small roads with twisty uphills and downhills. Everyone was on their toes."

-Hugo Houle. The Canadian finished 21st place, now 29th in the GC. Israel Premier Tech are down 3 riders now with 4 riders including compatriot James Piccoli.










"Long and quite cold stage but, fortunately, it didn't rain. It was very important to be in the front in the final three kilometers and this is what we did. Big thanks to all my teammates for the brilliant work they did to keep me in a good position in the front for the sprint. I could have been better, it could have been worse, but we gave it our all today."
-Peter Sagan





Comments