Panache!

 

With 30km to go... Wawa time.


It's the first time I've taken part in Tirreno-Adriatico, it's really a different race from Paris-Nice, it's hard, but there's less wind, you don't have to fight all the time to be at the front I am disappointed not to participate in the Giro this year, before the end of my career, it remains one of my objectives, to win a stage. Since my victories in the Tour (2017), it was long, but it's a good project with Emmanuel Hubert (where he arrived in 2018), I came from a big team (Sunweb, now DSM), the first year was hard, every year we've grown but it takes a lot of energy. Next year, our goal is to be in the WorldTour. I prefer open races like today, I've never been too much of a watt man, I prefer the tactical part."

-Warren 'Wawa' Barguil

Stage 5 Results






It's lonely at the top





Despite being the lone rider for Israel-Premier Tech, Hugo Houle valiantly finished the sixth stage on the mountainous roads between Courthézon and Aubagne in 34th place in the lead pack.

"It's a tough day for the body with the mountains and the headwind at around 30km/h. Being alone makes it harder for me to try and hide from the wind, but some teams have been nice to me. I wanted to stay ahead and stay with the big names. I was well placed in the final, I wanted to finish in the peloton.

The form still holds up. The level is there, I think it should still be the case for the next two stages. It's not easy, but it's going well."

It may be another difficult day tomorrow (Saturday) with the climb of the legendary Col de Turini. It would be an exceptional result if I manage to maintain my ranking or even climb into the top-10. There are excellent climbers who will be dangerous in the coming days, but I will give my 110%."
-Hugo Houle. 11th on GC

Stage 6 Results



Comments