now I'm back!

 

Full of fire at 39 and looking forward to the third week

"It was a stage of rare brutality! Not only because of the succession of climbs with high percentages but also because of the heat and the constantly intense pace. At 60 kilometers from the finish, there were only about ten GC riders left at the front of the race, I managed to conclude this tough battle with a very good 5th place. I'm also currently fifth overall, which is a good sign ahead of the third week. I haven't been able to fully satisfy the tifosi for the past few years due to bad luck and physical problems, but now I'm back!"

-Domenico Pozzovivo

"I'm delighted with how it went. It's a first positive step for the team. Now we'll try to defend the Maglia Rosa."

-Richard Carapaz




"We just need to keep fighting. Tomorrow is going to be another hard stage so we look ahead to that."
-Joao Almeida







Comments