We kept pink & Tro Bro Leon

 

Bauke Mollema readies for the sprint.


"It was nice that I could still go for the stage. I mean I didn't have to pull too much in the beginning because we were also protecting the jersey, which was also a goal today. So in the end I still had a chance for the stage and we kept pink, so a pretty good day for us."


Staying in pink


"Hard day in the saddle. Tried to set up a break in the start. Didn't have the legs to attack on the climbs but was good enough to follow the bunch. 6000 calories spend. Expect some big-time jumps in the next week."
-Thomas De Gendt

"I've been in trouble on the climb but I came back. I got great help from Tom Dumoulin in the last 2km."
-Koen Bouwman



Focus on Tro Bro Leon...



One of my favorite races of the season takes place this Sunday, the 38th edition of Tro Bro Leon. The course is 207.8 kms around the town of Lannilis, Brittany. And, certainly, the famous 29 ribinous or stony sectors will again be the main attraction of the event. And, let's not forget a piglet is awarded to the top Breton rider.

Can last year's winner, Connor Swift do the double? The last time a back-to-back win occurred was 2003/2004 for Samuel Dumoulin. 





Something to prove...

"Shifting problem cost me the win." Piet Allegaert, 2nd in 2021.



Baptiste Planckaert, 3rd in 2021.





Comments