He has still got that snap & Meintjes on the rise

 


"I think this is pretty much the story of my career. I've had so many rollercoasters, ups, and downs. After yesterday, I think that was a big opportunity missed. Yesterday was a really good stage for me, this three-day block, from yesterday until tomorrow was what our team was aiming for in the second week.

Today, I just knew this would probably be my last chance. Into Lusanne was a big opportunity, I came up second, then I was second to Tadej, second best again, so it is extra special to get the victory today."

-Michael Matthews

"He has changed over the years, he is a different rider to what he was four or five years ago but what he has become is a lot more robust and his ability to climb has obviously improved, but he has still got that snap there.

-Matt White, DS Team Bike Exchange


Second at Alpe d'Huez two days ago, Louis Meintjes joined the breakaway to finish in 10th place 
and climbs up to 7th on GC.

"During the last part of the stage there were many attacks and luckily for me, there was always a team missing in the front so always some riders eager to help me keeping the group together. It was a good opportunity for a payback for all guys making my life hard in the flat stages and I  managed to take back time on my competitors in the GC."
-Louis Meintjes






Comments