After the crashes

 

David Dekker lost control on a speed bump and others followed

"There was some speed bump out of nowhere, I didn't really see it. I heard something behind me, but I didn't know what happened. I looked behind me and I thought it was David, and then I heard he had crashed. I went to the final corner at 250m and just sprinted to the line. Because of the crash I was there and I could win. It's a nice one to have on the palmares, but I hope to have it a different way."

-Timo Roosen

"I didn't see the speed bump coming and with that high speed in a downhill section I completely lost control. Dear UCI, after all, that happened already, to allow a finish with speedbump so high in the last 800m coming from a super high-speed section is a disgrace. Unacceptable."

- Edoardo Affini






The sharp right-hand bend after a narrowing of the road from four lanes to two...


Comments