Out front and looking for points

 


The Great Dane

Cecilie Uttrup Ludwig won the queen stage and took the lead in the GC of the Tour of Scandinavia.
She now leads the GC by 17 seconds with just one punchy stage remaining on Sunday.

"We just have to defend it, because we want to bring this home. It's going to be hard and a big battle tomorrow but I'm excited for it and I think the team is ready. We want to take this jersey home."
-Cecilie Uttrup Ludwig


Alison Jackson spends another excellent day in Green.




Hugo Houle took a crucial third place.

Following the queen stage to Skallstuggu, Israel-Premier Tech's Hugo Houle and Carl Frederik Hagen took third and fifth places respectively, and now sits third and seventh on GC.

"Everyone is aware of the situation. It's important that we preform to our level, and I think we cannot change the way we race. We have what we have in the legs and that's what is the most important. The idea is to try to win the race and points will come with it. I think our team is in pretty good situation and, no matter what, we will come back and try to get to the top-level teams in the world."
-Hugo Houle. The team is in a big battle to make it into the top 18 places on the UCI team ranking and secure a WorldTour spot for 2023.

"That climb was really difficult. I knew if I wanted to win, I had to attack on the steepest section. Axel (Zingle) told me at the start of the steepest part that I could play my hand because he wasn't feeling in top shape. So that's what I did, I attacked on the steepest bit, though it was still a long, long way to the finish. In the end, I had lactic acid up to my ears anyway."
-Victor Lafay moved to the overall lead after he won stage 3.


Comments