Foss time

 

Disappointment for Kung

Tobias Foss shocked the favorites to win the Men's time trial. Foss became the first-ever Norwegian to win the world time title. He joins Soren Waerenskjold (U23 2022 world time trial title), Thor Hushovd (2010 world road race), Monica Valvik (1994 world road race) as the only Norwegians to have worn the rainbow jersey.

"I guess we really like Australia. It was unexpected, I knew my shape was strong, coming in from Canada, putting in some nice work, and training has gone well in the past two months. I was really hoping to go deep today. Good preparation, good execution, and in the end there was a gold. That's unreal."

-Tobias Foss

"I've been circling around this big win for quite some time. I've been second, third. I've been beaten by Remco a few times, by Ganna, by all the other guys. I know how to beat them, I've beaten them all in the past. But I didn't have Tobias in mind. There are no lies, no surprises when you're racing against the clock."

-Stephen Kung





Comments