I can't wait to test myself

 

Headliners: Geraint Thomas, Wout van Aert, Peter Sagan, Greg Van Avermaet, Michael Matthews and 
Tadej Pogacar in Québec City.

The GP's are happily back after two years COVID hiatus. The much anticipated GP Cycliste de Québec (Friday) and GP Cycliste de Montréal (Sunday).  

"I did some good training at altitude in Utah before Hamburg (31st), Plouay (107th) and the e-bike World Championships. I returned to altitude and did my normal prep for the road bike. The training I did on an electric bike is not going to destroy everything I have done in my preparation.

You will see, the racing style changes every year. I may have won here, but I don't know how the race will go at the start, during and at the end."
-Peter Sagan

"It's a great circuit with an uphill sprint that suits me very well. There are a few other small climbs around the circuit that cut everyone's legs. It ends in a very hard sprint where no one has legs. It comes down to whoever wants it the most, I think."
-Michael Matthews

"This is my first time here, so I have no experience on these courses. But I watched those races two or three times at home. They suit me really well, especially here in Québec where I can do well in a sprint like that."
-Wout van Aert

"It's my first time in Canada. They are very interesting circuits, which I like because we hardly ever do that. I can't wait to test myself here. It suits the classic type riders more, but if I have a good day I can have a solid run here too."
-Tadej Pogacar

Startlist:



"I looked back and saw a front wheel coming and I knew it was going to be really difficult. It's kind of nice to ride for victory for myself again. But I'm not going to say I'm the happiest man on the earth right now."
-Robert Gesink




Comments