Vuelta a Espana, GP Cycliste de Montréal

 





Trying to stop Mads Pedersen from winning his fourth stage was no easy task. Colombian sprinter Juan Sebastian Molano did. Molano usually is a lead-out man for teammate Pascal Ackermann. But today he marked Pedersen, to the line, and came out the winner. 

"I've always been a lead out man, and today I was doing my job. I had good legs today and I could see in the last 100 metres that Pedersen was heading fast to the line. So I decided not to stop. I just didn't swing off at 100 metres to go. Pascal is as happy as if he'd won, he's a great person and a great professional and he knows he can always count on me as the last man in a sprint. I'm dedicating this victory to him and my team."

-Juan Sebastian Molano denies Mads Pedersen another stage victory and his own teammate Ackermann.








Tadej Pogacar outpowered a five man breakaway to beat Wout Van Aert and Adrea Bagioli on the Avenue du Parc in Montréal. The Montréal circuit is similiar to what riders will experience in Wollongong, Australia during the World Road Championships, which will begin next Sunday. 

"In the end, it was difficult because we know that Wout is one of the best sprinters in the world, but this is a tough finish. I believed in myself, gave it everything, and I succeeded. Today's race, one of the toughest on the calendar, was excellent preparation for the Worlds."
-Tadej Pogacar. His fourteenth victory of the season.

Quebecer, Antoine Duchesne taking the KOM prize - his swan song.

Guillaume Boivin (37th) is Best Canadien.





Comments