TDU: Stage 2 & Caleb Ewan

 


"We knew it was gonna be really hard for that climb, I thought it'd be more of a split in the bunch that would get away, not just five guys, especially with the headwind coming into the finish, but the breakaway was super strong. I think that the chase behind was actually pretty committed, so well done to them.

Obviously the guys aren't so experienced in the WorldTour. They race National Racing Series and track mostly. So the level is super high and you know, they're doing their best. I knew that when I was going to come here that I'd have to do a lot of my own racing and sometimes it's good for me to remind myself how to race properly. Because a lot of the time I just follow my team and they manage me. So in a way it's been quite fun to do it myself."
-Caleb Ewan. Sprints classification leader. Australian National Team.


Comments