O Canada!: Double Take


Twin success: Isabella Holmgren (World champ), Ava Holmgren (silver), Celia Gery (bronze).


Canadians can smile brightly as we won gold and silver, the first-ever, Junior Women's title in the Cyclocross World Championships in the Netherlands!

"I don't think I fully processed it yet, I'm just really excited but Ava being second makes it even better. It's really exciting, I'm happy I get to hear the anthem again and I hope sets a good start for the rest of the categories.
-Isabella Holmgren. Canada's first cyclocross World Champion.

"I came here to get Canada's first-ever medal. What happened was something even better. My sister won!"
-Ava Holmgren. Ranked higher than Isabella won a World Cup race last week in France.


On to a historic Canadian win.






Comments