Strade Bianche: The sixth monument & denim

 

Fast and dry expected for Strade Bianche after midweek rain.

The popular Italian classic, Strade Bianche returns Saturday with both the women's and men's races (be still my Tuscan heart). Cycling’s southernmost northern classic is always unpredictable when you factor in the famed 'sterrato' gravel roads over the green Tuscan hills. A year ago, French sports daily L'Equipe surveyed 381 professional riders about their race favorites. When asked which race they thought should be added to the monument club, Strade Bianche is on top... I  wholeheartedly agree!

"I'm in a good headspace."
-Tom Pidcock

"This is my favorite race. I had a pretty good result last weekend and I hope that puts me in a good position to have another good race on Saturday. I'm all in and ready to go!"
-Simon Clarke.

 Italian sponsor Rosti introduces denim bib shorts (yes that's right, 48% denim cotton) for AG2R Citroen. 
Will the brown shorts go? 


Men's race startlist 

Parcours: 184km, 11 gravel sections with 63km of the famed white roads.



Women's startlist 

Parcours: 136km, 8 gravel sections with 31.6km of the famed white roads.


Comments