Friday File: Hell of the West, Giro, La Vuelta

 


This weekend promises to be exciting!

The Giro d'ltalia begins Saturday and Tro Bro Leon is Sunday.


"This is a very agricultural region, with a lot of livestock farming. It represents our culture. Giving a pig to the first Breton rider is a nice touch. I've ridden almost all of the biggest races in the world, but this is the one I love, the one that's in my heart. If I managed to win, that would be a huge achievement in my career, and I'd be very proud of it. 
Breton riders are always up for this race. If we don't win, it's a nice consolation to be on the podium, with our pig, in front of all the people. The dream is to be on the top step, together with the pig."

-Laurent Pichon. The Breton has finished the race three times in the top ten as highest placed Breton rider... and earning three pigs.






Comments