Giro: Breakout for Leknessund, Stage 4 to Paret-Penintre

 


"It's super special. We came here to go for stages, and that was also the goal for today but we knew that going into pink was possible too. I had one attack in the final where I went all-in but then Paret-Peintre came back and my legs were hurting so much. I just gave everything to the line. It's just super special to be in the leader's jersey. It was a goal for us before the stage but cycling is hard and not so easy, so to actually make it happen is unbelievable. To wear the leader's jersey, even if it's for just one day, it will be super special."
-Andreas Leknessund

"We knew today was a day for the breakaway, so it was an important day for the team because we came to take a stage win and for GC. It was a perfect day for me. The breakaway was super hard to make. After, until the finish was super hard, but I'm super happy. I know I'm faster than him, so we collaborate until the finish line. I think he takes the maglia rosa so everybody's happy, maybe."
-AurĂ©lien Paret-Peintre 



The twenty-three-year-old becomes the second Norwegian to wear pink after 42 years from Knut Knudsen.






Comments