Giro d’ltalia: Rush to Bergamo

 

The breakaway stays and plays to an exciting finish in Bergamo

Israel-Premier Tech's Marco Frigo came so close to pulling off an incredible comeback victory but was denied in the final meters and had to settle for third place in Bergamo. 

"I'm feeling both disappointed and happy at the same time right now. I could see the victory right there in front of me and that's already really something. We will try again soon!"

-Marco Frigo

“I knew Frigo was coming and he ended up coming just at the right moment because we could swing over. I caught the draft and then at 150-200 metres I just went for it. We came here for GC and also with the goal of me having a stage win and now that’s happened, so we can fully focus on Joao Almeida.”

-Brandon McNulty




Comments