Storming of la Bastille, Tour du Suisse

 


Giulio Ciccone won the final stage of the Dauphanié with a show of strength as he did earlier in the season: Volta Valenciana and Volta Catalunya. With 25 km to go he launched himself on the last ramp up to Grenoble La Bastille (2km @ 14%) taking the stage and the mountain jersey!

"It was really difficult all day because the guys behind kept the gap really small. For the head, it was from the start to the finish. The feeling was like I was doing on TT. I took some risks in the last downhill and on the final climb I just pushed full gas knowing that the finish line was just there. The mountain jersey is really nice. It’s one of my favorite jerseys.

This year, the Giro was in my program and then I go covid just before. I had to skip that and then had about 10 days off the bike. My condition was not 100 percent, but I started here with the Tour in my mind and this week, I could see I was getting better and better. This win is a good final point.”

-Giulio Ciccone








Comments