Today was a good day

 


Absolute heartbreak for Rune Herregodts as the peloton overtakes his breakaway bid in stage 1, Critérium du Dauphiné. But, it was a solid third place for the sprinter of Intermaché Circus Wanty. In the Brussels Cycling Classic, Biniam Girmay returns after two months off due to injury to a 4th place.

"I gave everything, no regrets. Jumbo Visma sacrificed the whole team, it's a compliment but I would have preferred Vinegegaard not to pull. It's nice to have the white jersey and 3rd place, although I was hoping for more in the last kilometer!"

-Rune Herregodts



"I'm super happy with my first race in two months, especially about the team performance. We controlled from the start, I attacked and then sprint to 4th place. Today was a good day."
-Biniam Girmay

"Coming off the Giro I was looking forward to seeing how my legs would be. I'm really happy with how I felt in the race and the team was super active so it was an awesome atmosphere to step into. We were hoping for a little more in the final but I think we can be happy with what the result shows for the coming races."
-Derek Gee. 10th place






Comments