TDU: Stevie Williams, Issac Del Toro

 

Well protected

“Our objective was top-five overall and a stage win, so they have eclipsed that well and truly. It’s huge. The best thing about it is that Tour Down Under is a bloody hard race to win. It’s a WorldTour stage race and it’s in January. It’s the first stage race of the season which means this group of guys will get on a plane back to Europe and take some real motivation into the rest of the season. When you start a season like this, once the wheels get rolling they are hard to stop. It is a perfect way to start the year for the team to win a WorldTour stage race. It is a big box ticked and I’m sure it is going to be the first of many.”

-Sam Bewley. DS Israel Premier Tech

Up and coming

“The plan was to try to attack in the final for the bonus seconds. It’s like a dream for me in my first experience. I don’t feel pressure because my teammates are good with me. I only have the responsibilities to do my job. Like Pogacar? I don’t know. For the moment, I try to enjoy the moment and stay happy.”
-Issac Del Toro. Third overall



Comments