Circuit Franco-Belge, Mercan Tour Classic


“I would like to thank my teammates who did everything to allow me to achieve this great victory, which has a special flavour it was on the home soil of our sponsors and started in front of our service course. I am so happy to be able to conclude their hard work, which lasted from the first to the last kilometer, I had to reward them. I told them that I felt very good, we had total control of the race and managed the final intelligently, especially with Lorenzo Rota on the attack. I asked Hugo Page to launch the sprint from far so that I could finish it off. I always kept believing in myself and working hard, which allowed me to be at the start of the Giro in good shape. I really wanted to make the most of this good form in a series of one day races, and after a few good performances, I felt very confident for today. Our team really deserved this victory. I hope to continue like this in the Brussels Cycling Classic this Sunday, and continue my preparation for the Tour de France.”

-Biniam Girmay wins it’s home race Circuit Franco-Belge.



“It’s not very far from home and I wanted to win this race this year. I’m very happy that it ended like this. Two years ago I was eighth, I was fourth last year and first this year. It shows my progress, and the team was also very good, so it’s nice.

-Lenny Martinez wins Mercan Tour Classic and that makes it five wins this season. 

“Lenny was dominant, just like his start to the season in one-day races. He’s impressive, because five victories aren’t a small achievement. He’s a sniper, he almost never misses. For the team, this victory also matters because we are entering an important phase for us with the Criterium du Dauphine, the Tour de Suisse, the French championships, and the Tour.”

-Benoit Vaugrenard. DS Groupama FDJ





Comments