Dauphine: Gee digs deep & Rodriguez flies

 


“I’ve never been in that position before, looking around and seeing those names in a small group that was pretty surreal. I looked back in a few hairpins and saw the group was pretty small. Honestly, I wasn’t really thinking about trying to go for the win at any point I was just thinking I don’t know when the lights are going to go out but they are going to go out at some point. Luckily, I made it to the line. I think now, after the first test, I can just try and see how the next couple of days go and hopefully get a good GC result.”

-Derek Gee. His stunning stage win and defence of the yellow jersey in the stage 4 ITT, today’s climbing performance meant he is holding onto fourth overall!




Pacino Rodriguez flies in the 1984 Critérium du Dauphiné. After winning the 4th stage and placing 2nd in the 5th stage, he flies into the Col de la Chamette and wins the 6th stage solo!

Comments