Dauphine Stage 7: Soler, Gee in GC

 

Soler takes his break

Derek Gee finish in fifth place on stage 7 to move into third overall with one stage to go. He heads into the final stage 1:13 minutes behind today’s stage winner Primoz Roglic.

“I’m satisfied with today. It was hard. It was a really hard profile but the guys were amazing. They just looked after me all day and put me in the best position possible. It’s indescribable how valuable that level of experience is in the team. Even the little tips they give me, aside from what they do for me on the road, they are pretty special. I felt pretty good for the first couple of kilometers (of the final climb) but then it really hit me and I was just staring at the wheel in front of me. But I was glad I could stay with the front group.”

Derek Gee is becoming a GC rider.


Putting the Gee in GC







Comments