Tour de Suisse: Bettiol in yellow

 


Alberto Bettiol took the yellow jersey at the end of the third stage of the Tour de Suisse. His third place in the sprint gained enough time to take over the lead on GC the day before the Swiss tour heads into the Alps.

“In the last kilometers, Richard helped me a lot. He put me in the perfect position. That’s not something I take for granted, because he’s an Olympic champion. I really appreciate it, but this is our team spirit. We are just normal guys who work together all year and show that we can do a great job when we do. Today, I wanted to win. I didn’t. I’m not sad, because I couldn’t do better. I was on Ny’s wheel and I was not able to pass him, but I took the yellow jersey, so I’m really happy. Georg did a great job too. They both worked for me and tomorrow I have to pay them back. Of course, the level here is very high. We have really strong climbers, but we never know. I’ll ride for them tomorrow in this yellow jersey and hope to give them a positive spirit.”
-Alberto Bettiol 




“Until like 50km to go I didn’t believe in it but I just kept fighting and the legs started to get better and better. In the end it started to get easier and everything was working out. I’m out of words for the work of my teammates. To finish it off like this, it’s more than a dream. It’s maybe my nicest victory ever.”
-Thibau Nys scores his sixth victory of the season.


Comments