Olympic MTB Men’s: Rubbing’s racing

 

Pidcock does it again!

“I knew after the puncture that I had almost five laps, and that’s 50 minutes, so I thought, anything’s possible. In the end, I just had to go for a gap. Rubbing’s racing, that’s what I’ve always done. The Olympics is no different.”
-Tom Pidcock

“It ended up in a battle of three for the win in the last lap. I just didn’t have that two or three seconds that I needed for the win, but I’m happy nonetheless. I gave it everything out there, and that’s all that matters.”
-Alan Hatherly. He is South Aftrica's first-ever Olympic mountain bike medallist, securing the bronze medal.



“I got a gap but then went off the track and so he caught me again. Then he overtook me in the forest. I didn’t know he was on my left; he touched me and touched my shoes, and then I almost crashed. 

Racing in front of the French crowd was amazing. From the start to the end of the race, it was an amazing atmosphere. I can’t be sad. I’m disappointed and happy at the same time.”
-Victor Koretzky


🥇 Tom Pidcock 🇬🇧

🥇 Victor Koretzky 🇫🇷

🥉 Alan Hatherly 🇿🇦


Comments